Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I have been baking again...

I was on the way home at lunch yesterday and happened to drive past a lottery sign that said it was up to 170 million dollars. 170 million dollars divided by half...yep I could live on that. I could live on half of that. even half of that. DO I really deserve the lottery? You always hear about that family that was about to lose the home, out of work, needed a hand that won...what about the moderate middle class unwed couple? Do they ever get their fairy tail? I had a dream a couple of weeks ago that I was a contestant on a game show where the prize was 10 million dollars and I won. I went up to everyone that I worked for and told them I quit but then went into my bosses office and told her I would still work part time just to help out..doesn't that make me deserving of winning the lottery? That I was even benevolent in my dreams... What does a girl have to do around here to retire at 20 something?
So I started thinking what would I do if I could win the lottery? I would have to have something to do with my time. But I would want to be able to work by my own rules. So I would own my own store. I would sell all kinds of stuff...of course in this fantasy I would be an expert sewer and furniture rehab-er along with just a talented all around fabu lady who wore skirts and rode bicycles to work and her puppy rode in the basket. Again this is of course a million dollar fantasy...
So back to reality. I baked again this weekend! I am really into taking recipes and picking them apart and making them better and really thinking about what i could add to make it better. I judge all my successes and failures by whether O.B.C. has seconds. In this case...he just kept sneaking them. I would say..success!

Also had the chance to check out a highly recommended show...RuPaul's Drag Race. Pat was down here doing his draft and he wanted me to sit down here with him so I said fine and popped on the LoGo network. If I have to listen to "Going Once, Going Twice, Sold" two hundred times...you best believe that I going to be watching a man with a Brazilian and hot pants do the splits while singing the classic "Two of Hearts".

1 comment:

  1. I read this blog day in and day out hoping for a shot out. While I was on baby vacation for the past 2 days, you can imagine my surprise when I checked on 1 of 2 of my fav bloggers and there I see, low and behold... a beautiful canister containing oatmeal cookies!!! I thought for sure my name would be mentioned! But no! Then I get a second dig when Steve Jobs is mentioned instead of Bill Gates. What did I do to deserve this???

    ReplyDelete