Sunday, February 21, 2010

Feeling un-inspired. Even genius needs a vacation.

I was going to write a funny anecdote about two cars that show up in my parking lot from time to time. But I couldn't get the pictures to layout right. So I quit..I am not the best at the Internet.

For some reason I keep thinking about my seventh grade basketball team. This was the one and only time I have ever been on a winning team in my life. We were undefeated and were even written about in the Scoop De Jour in the Post Dispatch. I have usually been the weight on a sinking ship when I play sports...letting things go in the net, swinging at every pitch every time, afraid to catch something, drawing my name in the dirt while a round object rolls past me, scoring for the other team...But not this time, this one time when I was 13. Which got me to thinking what else could I do if I really put my mind to it?
Clean the house. Do all the laundry. Organize my pictures. Make fruit salad.


I think all this sports talk is just because O.B.C. will not stop talking about baseball. He cant wait for the Cardinals to start playing..I can. Not that I don't like the team, I do. What I don't like is the sheer devotion Pat has to the games. And I quote "I am going to watch EVERY game." Isn't summer supposed to be about outdoors? Zoo's, Parks, Sprung up outdoor shopping markets (ok that is mostly Europe), Wineries, gardening, the Pool, VACATION. How are we supposed to have the worlds most perfect summer, full of beautiful home made skirts, fresh flowers, cute antiques, chicken salad sandwiches, and sun kissed shoulders, if A. My O.B.C. is in our basement scratching himself of B. We are sitting in the Bleacher seats listening to bare chested members of Cardinal Nation talking about "screamers" and S.T.D's?



No comments:

Post a Comment